Motivation Part 2 - Why
Step number two of our motivation week, understanding your real ‘why’.
We want to know 'why, why, why, why, why’
We want you to take the goal that you want to be motivated towards and keep asking yourself why you want it, until you find your TRUE driver…
Let’s take my goal from yesterdays goal challenge:
'post one article a week, and increase my engagement level on articles from 200 reads per article, to an average of 400 reads by 1st October 2018’
- Why do I want to increase my article engagements? To get more people reading my content
- Why do I want more people to read my content? To get more people understanding what value I can add
- Why do I want people to understand my value add? To make sure they know when they could use my services
- Why do I want them to know when to use my services? To increase my sales funnel of potential clients
- Why do I want to increase my sales funnel? To increase and protect future turnover
So, actually although my goal surfaced as wanting to increase my linkedin reads, that is purely a mechanisms to help me support future business growth and turnover. If I didn’t have a business aim it is very unlikely I would be setting a linked article read target just for shi*s and gigs.
Change happens when the discomfort of something not changing becomes greater than change.
So, I could de-prioritise this goal and not focus on it, but If I paint myself a picture of what happens when I don’t set goals to increase and protect my future turnover, my future business growth looks pretty bleak!
All of a sudden I have a driver to get those article reads up as I can see where they fit in the bigger picture, and I have reminded myself WHY I want that goal.
***Motivation Challenge number 2***
Take your goal from yesterday and keep asking yourself why you want it until you have worked out what your actual driver is. Once you have done that I want you to reassess what value that goal has to you, what happens if you don’t do it? What impact will it have on your and your business long term?
Feeling more motivated yet?...